Annually TEA submits a summary of instructor shortage areas by material and a listing of designated low-income schools to the U.S. Department of Education. Instructors with specific kinds of student education loans may be eligible for partial loan forgiveness, deferment, or termination advantages.
Eligibility of these benefits hinges on the kind of loan the instructor has, the date of his / her first loan, and whether or not the instructor serves in a designated low-income school or subject material instructor shortage area.
TEA will not figure out an educator’s eligibility for instructor loan forgiveness. You shall have to contact your loan owner straight about the number of loan forgiveness you’ll be entitled to get. The mortgage owner, perhaps not TEA, has authority in connection with supply of the allowance.
You may contact your loan servicer for extra information. That loan servicer is an organization that handles the payment as well as other solutions on your student that is federal loan.
Teacher Shortage Areas
The 2019-2020 instructor shortage areas for Texas are:
- Bilingual/English as a language that is second primary and Secondary amounts
- Unique Education – Primary and Additional Amounts
- Profession and Technical Education – Additional Amounts
- Tech Applications and Computer Science – Additional Levels
- Mathematics – Secondary Amounts